Not much is known about gameplay except bits that leak out or we are teased about. This page tries to collect them all to try and have a glimpse of it all
- You will be able to see the location and bloodline of all other players near you and have the option to attack when they're close to you
- You can form alliances with up to two other lines (Frey talked about 4 large blocks, so it seems the choice of alliance will be limited very specifically)
- Within an alliance you can mount joint attacks against other people
- You can choose to betray your allies (Frey gave an example of turning against an ally weakened by a fight)
- When an enemy engages with you at a location where you've left a token (see below for more info on this) you will be able to live-fight, pass it to the nearer line companion or if all fails let AI take over , thus allowing you to do battle and defend even if you are not available.
- John Hanke described the battle "as a card battle game", and they are aimed to last 3-4 minutes each.
- You will be able to bring a limited number of artifacts into battle. These artifacts have different levels of artifact rarity and hit points and will give the player boosts if they’re aligned with their civilization.
- Gameplay will be centered around so-called "key sites" of varying value
- You can claim an unoccupied key spot for yourself or try to fight the current owner(s) alone or in a group. After conquered you will have to place something called a token on it.
- Key sites will supply you with "resources, artifacts, strength"
- The more contested a key site will be, the bigger / stronger / more valuable it will become
- There will be an initial set of more powerful key site (the book puzzle hunt prize at Caesars Palace, for example will be one), but it should be playable "anywhere a smartphone is"
- Special key sites can provide players with special equipment (e.g. museums exhibiting Sumerian artifacts in the real world)
- A concept (similar to Ingress anomalies) still being developed are scheduled battles for key sites
- These battles could last as long as an entire day, putting up hordes of players against each other continuously
- The winning team / alliance is promised "epic rewards"