Posted on 6 April 2015
In case you're not caught up, here are some previous videos of my boyfriend Jake . It's been quite a winding road for us. :)
- The worst part is ...
... that I was sure I was never going to see you again. That they were putting me on ice, waiting for the right moment to thaw me out, and use me against you. For a while I had a, uh, bag packed. I hid it under my bed. I had it all worked out. But John would remind me of what would happen ...
... to you ...
... if I came back.
- Wait here.
- What's that?
- It's you. I mean, I wanted a funeral or memorial or something to say goodbye, but they said that your dad didn't want anything, so Pinstripe just got me that instead. Sorry.
- No, it's fine.You okay?
- Yeah, I just need some water.
- Yeah. Okay, okay. That's fine. We'll get you some water.
- I almost forgot. We can drink it right out of the tap.
- So, you were telling me what you were doing down there?
- Oh, yes. I open up my own black tie piano bar. But I called it "Stella's."
- Of course.
- Which you'd be happy about. You should'a seen the dames.
- Ah. Whew. I can only imagine.
- And when I wasn't running the bar, I was restoring vintage airplanes. I also did a little time as a double secret agent.
- For France.
- Absolutely. On the side. Then why are you here? Livin' the dream.
- No, no. There's only so much paradise one guy can take.
- Oh, yeah.
- I didn't do much, honestly. Um, about half way in, I, uh, actually did book a gig. Um, play and singing at a cantina was basically my food money, because You know, Threadgill paid my rent. I still don't understand why he did that.
- He wanted you alive.
- Any idea why? - Mhm.
- I can't imagine that guy ever doing anything for anyone else.
- Well, he's gone now.
- What do you mean he's gone?
- Last weekend, at that thing, these two guys came and
put him in handcuffs and took him away and I actually haven't heard from him since.
- I never gave up hope.
- Well, I never knew that ...
... hope was on the table.
- I'm sorry, I didn't --
- No, Jesus, You have nothing to be sorry about. I'm okay.
- I just ...
... can't believe you're here.
- Stella, let's just leave. Now, let's go anywhere. Start over. We can't have a life here, it's too dangerous. It's too close. To him.
- I know. But I can't. I'm just getting started here.
- With what? Your website? Leading sheep to the slaughter? Stella, you can't --
- Oh, wait, hey hey hey. Look, it's more complicated than that. Okay?
- Look Stella, whatever this thing is, it's not your war.
- It's everybody's war, actually.
- Just come with me.
- I can't. I don't run anymore. And I don't want you to run, either.
- Do you still love me?
- Of course I love you.
I just ...
... also ...
I let you go.
- No, no, no.
- Jake I didn't mean it like --
- No. I get it. You're right. This is not one of those just ... jump-right-back-into-it- and-act-like-nothing-ever-happened things.
- I wish. Do you remember our third date? You took me to the roof of the physics building.
- Must have been one of your other boyfriends, because I brought you to the English building, but go on.
- Did you? Anyway. That's when I knew. Third date. I have no idea why I'm thinking of that right now.
- So this ...
... makes you feel the way you felt on our third date.
- Oooh, yeah.
- I guess that's cool.
- That sounds WAY less elegant when you put it like that. My way was way better.
- If we're being honest ...
... I knew ...
... as soon as I saw you. I knew.
- No. Stella. Leaving is ...
... it's not a new idea. Not to me. I've always wanted to leave here. Take you with me I can't loose you again.
- Well, um ...
... wherever we go ...
... he will find us.
- So what then?
- Well, we do what we can. We stay here. And fight.