Posted on 23 February 2015
- Is that what you brought to have signed?
- Yeah, I'm a really big fan of the site, the videos, In one of them, you actually mention my favorite movie of all the time. So, I thought, hey, why not? Right?
- Aliens! Yeah.
- Um, who should I make it out to?
- It's Robyn with a "Y." Actually, could you write, um, "To Robyn, you're so cool, it honestly terrifies me. Love, Stella."
- How about I just -- ?
- I'm totally kidding. It's a joke. "Thanks for the close encounter, don't be a stranger?" How about that?
- I was thinking like, "Best Wishes."
- That's really boring.
- How about I just write my name? That's easy.
- Wow, you're a lot more complicated than I thought you'd be in person.
- I don't really think it's me.
- Okay, well, you know. I feel like I'm annoying you.
- No, no, no, not at all.
- I think you're lying.
- Okay, uh, I have a long line, I'm really sorry, can we just ...
- Yeah, absolutely. You know, I almost brought you a bowl of mashed potatoes, but I thought that'd probably be super strange.
- Yeah, bring a bowl of mashed potatoes. That'd be kinda weird.
- Oh, sarcasm.
- Yeah, I'm so sorry, I really don't mean to be rude, I just have a lot of people --
- No, you're not being rude, I'm being rude, actually.
- If you could just wait, um, hey, I'm not some serial killer, alright? Do I look like a serial killer? And assuming I have really good intentions, like, why would I go through all this trouble to get so close to you unless it was really important. Am I right? So, all I'm asking for is ten minutes of your time, worst case scenario, I'm like some super-weird fangirl that, like, needs a BFF. So, I have a really great hotel room, actually, I convinced the concierge that I was her long lost niece, and she's an only child, so do the math, am I right? She set me up, Planet Hollywood, penthouse. 8 pm. Can I see you there? I'll get snacks. I'll have room service bring snacks, okay?
- Uh, okay. - Okay, great, thanks, bye!
Hi. That was weird.
Follow your heart. You're Olmec? I'll take it.
- The title Mashed Potatos can be a nudge to this scene in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind