Proving Ground is an app developed by Niantic that will allow people to play in the real world using the Endgame universe as it's basis.
- The closed beta test is planned to start at an undetermined date (Public figures like James Frey were told not to say any more dates)
- Players will be able to choose one of the 12 bloodlines for their team
- The story of the mobile game will tie in with the AncientSocieties ARG, but eventually catch up with the books.
- Player of the ARG that score in the leaderboard will get bonuses in the mobile game when it launches.
- Stella Vyctory and Greg Jordan will be central characters in the mobile game and accompanying social media content, with Greg a CIA agent Investigating Endgame after torturing an Endgame Trainer and killing him by accident.
- James Frey might be tied to the mobile game storyline himself (he spoke of, in the game's universe, being the one discovering an ancient Arabic text describing Endgame)
- Here is the current Endgame FAQ from the Ingress Support site regarding the Endgame APP
An official description stated the following A location-based mobile gaming app that expands upon the Endgame storyline in an entirely new way, letting players choose a side and step into the global challenge between the 12 bloodlines. Players enter a virtual proving ground, exploring real world locations as they battle opponents in intense, fast-paced duels to maximize their bloodline's global domination.